- The type of information collected from the Users, including Sensitive Personal Data Or Information (as defined below);
- The purpose, means and modes of usage of such information; and
- How and to whom we will disclose such information.
1.3. What is Personal Information
"Personal Information" is defined under the SPI Rules to mean any information that relates to a natural person, which, either directly or indirectly, in combination with other information available or likely to be available with a body corporate, is capable of identifying such person.
The SPI Rules further define "Sensitive Personal Data or Information" of a person to mean Personal Information about that person relating to:
- Financial information such as bank accounts, credit and debit card details or other payment instrument details;
- Physical, physiological and mental health condition;
- Sexual orientation;
- Medical records and history;
- Biometric information;
- Information received by body corporates under lawful contract or otherwise;
- User details as provided at the time of registration or thereafter; and
- Call data records.
- Information that is freely available in the public domain or accessible under the Right to Information Act, 2005 or any other law will not be regarded as Sensitive Personal Data or Information.
2. Privacy Statements
2.1. Users Note
When browsing the Websites, a User is not required to provide Personal Information unless and until such User chooses to avail or sign up for any of the Services.
The Websites use temporary cookies to store certain data. Via does not store personally identifiable information in the cookies. Information collected by Pretty Planet Travels, by any means whatsoever, that does not personally identify the User as an individual (such as, patterns of utilization described above) is exclusively owned by Pretty Planet Travels and may be used by Pretty Planet Travels and Third Party Service Providers for the technical administration of the Websites, Mobile Applications, User administration, research and development, business development, statistical analysis and business intelligence purposes. Additionally Pretty Planet Travels may sell or otherwise transfer such research, statistical or intelligence data in an aggregated or non-personally identifiable form to third parties and affiliates.
A User can set or amend his/her/its web browsers to delete or disable cookies. If a User chooses to disable cookies on his/her/its computer or mobile telecommunication device, it may impair, degrade or restrict access to certain areas of the Websites. Merely closing the web browser should ordinarily clear all temporary cookies installed by Pretty Planet Travels. However, Users are encouraged to use the "clear cookies" functionality of their browsers to ensure deletion, as Pretty Planet Travels cannot guarantee, predict or provide for the behaviour of the equipment of all the Users of the Websites.
Pretty Planet Travels respects your privacy and recognizes the need to protect the personally identifiable information (any information by which you can be identified, such as name, address, and telephone number) you share with us. We would like to assure you that we follow appropriate standards when it comes to protecting your privacy on our websites.
In general, you can visit Pretty Planet Travels website without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. We track the Internet address of the domains from which people visit us and analyze this data for trends and statistics, but the individual user remains anonymous.
Some of our web pages use "cookies" so that we can better serve you with customized information when you return to our site. Cookies are identifiers which web sites send to the browser on your computer to facilitate your next visit to our site. You can set your browser to notify you when you are sent a cookie, giving you the option to decide whether or not to accept it. The information we collect and analyze is used to improve our service to you.
With specific reference to third party advertising, we use third-party service providers to serve ads on our behalf across the Internet and sometimes on this site. They may collect anonymous information about your visits to our website, and your interaction with our products and services. They may also use information about your visits to this and other websites to target advertisements for goods and services. This anonymous information is collected through the use of a 'pixel tag', which is industry standard technology used by most major websites. No personally identifiable information is collected or used in this process. Such third parties do not know your name, phone number, address, email address, or any personally identifying information. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this anonymous information used by our third party service provider, please click http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
With specific reference to booking/e-commerce transactions, Yatra collects the following personal sensitive information from you while transacting through Yatra:
- Name and Sex
- Phone Number
- Credit Card/ Mastercards/ Maestro/ Visa card details
- Date of birth in case of a child
Pretty Planet Travels does not sell or trade upon any of the above foregoing information without the consent of the user or customer. The foregoing information collected from the users/customers/travellers is put to the following use:
- Customer name, address, phone number, traveller's name and age are shared with applicable service providers like the airlines, hotels, etc., for the purpose of reservation and booking the services for the customer/traveller.
- Information like Credit Card Details and Net Banking Details are usually collected directly by the payment gateways and banks and not by Pretty Planet Travels, but if ever stored or retained by us, remain internal and is never shared, except that they may be shared with third party private/government security agencies to screen for fraudulent activities. These details are also shared with certain third parties only for the purpose of processing 'Cash Back & Discounts' and Charge Backs, if applicable.
- Information like Mobile no, e-mail address and postal address may be used for promotional purposes, unless the customer/user "opts-out" of such use. If you choose not to share this information, you can still visit the Pretty Planet Travels website, but you may be unable to access certain options, offers and services.
Pretty Planet Travels takes appropriate steps to protect the information you share with us. We have implemented technology and security features and strict policy guidelines to safeguard the privacy of your personally identifiable information from unauthorized access and improper use or disclosure. Pretty Planet Travels will continue to enhance its security procedures as new technology becomes available, and ensures that its serurity procedures are compliant with current applicable regulations.
No Sensitive Personal Data or Information is automatically collected by Via from any visitors of the Websites who are merely perusing or browsing the Websites ("Visitor").
End User Note:
Where a User used the Services for making bookings for persons other than himself/herself/itself; the User shall confirm and represent that each of such persons shall be deemed to have agreed and authorised the User to disclose their Personal Information to Pretty Planet Travels.
Pretty Planet Travels may require the End User to pay for the Services with a credit card, wire transfer, debit card or cheque. Pretty Planet Travels will collect such End User's credit card number and/or other financial institution information such as bank account numbers and will use that information for the billing and payment processes, including but not limited to the use and disclosure of such credit card number and information to third parties as necessary to complete such billing operation. Verification of credit information, however, is accomplished solely by the End User through the authentication process. The End User's credit-card/debit card details are transacted upon secure sites of approved payment gateways which are digitally under encryption, thereby providing the industry standard degree of care as per current technology. The End User is advised, however, that Internet technology is not completely safe and User should exercise discretion on using the same.
Pretty Planet Travels may communicate with End Users through emails, notices posted on the Websites, text, and other forms of messaging.
Notwithstanding the above, Pretty Planet Travels shall not be responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties that receive Users' personal data or events that are beyond the reasonable control of Pretty Planet Travels including, acts of government, computer hacking, unauthorised access to computer data and storage device, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption, etc.